Archive for February, 2010
Why are all the epic modified Beemers getting screwed over?
I accidentally deleted this post a while back permanently. Bringing it back.
Well the car is all taken apart now and put back to stock, but I was always upset that the car never got a feature on either of my favorite blogs I guess(HF or SH). I constantly see cars on either sites that I feel have mediocre photography and that really aren’t doing anything different or special(also some really amazing stuff). I felt this was my best photoshoot and was one of the best times in my car’s life. I just would like some suggestions towards getting some features once I start my next project in a week or so. So the question is, how come I didn’t make the cut?
1. “I constantly see cars on either sites that I feel have mediocre photography and that really aren’t doing anything different or special(also some really amazing stuff).” It’s funny that you say that. The first impression I get when I see your car are these cars.
2. So…all you cats who are DESPERATE to get e-features…where do you go from there? So you one-upped somebody. Oh good for you.
A) Buy Car
B) Get “deals”
D) Get a mag feature
3. Sure, the automotive community may have its cars but it’s about the people as well. If you thought events popped out willy-nilly, please step out of the cave or the rock that you live under.
4. Going on forums is a lot like life. It’s what you make of it. So, how are you going to contribute? Be sure to take your EGO in the backseat because it doesn’t help or get anywhere.
5. If you’re a businessman and in it to make profit. You’re in the wrong scene. Sure, you want discounts and all that. After it gets featured in a magazine and you end up selling it, people might think you’re just a phony.
6. “There comes a point in life when you have to step back and look at your life and you realize that there is more to life than cars. One thing I’ve realized over the past six years of modding my car is that it’s not the car or the mods that bring me happiness. It’s the lifestyle, the culture and the friends I’ve made through modifying my car. Some people figured this out years ago and some people will never get it. Some people will forever be on the quest for a trophy or an award or a magazine feature. Life isn’t about the money you’ve spent on cars or the things you do to your car or the trophies you have at home. It’s about the journey, the friends, the beer, the shows, the late nights in your garage and the cool people that have helped you along the way. In the world of cars there will always be haters and as that famous sticker says “behind every successful person is a pack of haters”. This is true and most times the haters are just jealous idiots who can’t accept that people have different priorities in life. Sometimes people lose focus and get caught up in the drama of the scene and forget that the cars aren’t the center of everything. Cars are merely a gateway to new friends and experiences in life. Keep it real.” Andrew @ Open Road Tuning.